Remember your goal here is to build light (don't
slop on heavy glues and over do paint as weight is not your friend ) you are
shooting to build a plane under 7oz here.
A few of the Best tips are
1. don't use any type of glue to hold servos in place they are just
held in by cutting the foam a little smaller then the servo and taping
them in place with some small pieces of strapping tape.
2. I use Hot glue
to attach my control horns.
3. Motor mount is just held in
place with tape.
4. Attach your speed controller to the fuselage with a drop
of hot glue.
5. Use a strip of velcro that holds the battery in
place just big enough to hold the pack. my strip is only 1/2 inch by 4
inches it does not need to be as big as the whole pack (velcro is
stronger then you think)
6. I use becon foam tac glue now to glue in all my carbon rods (glue
dries clear and is very flexible) and wont break or crack in a crash,
and won't turn yellow with time.
7. Should be Number 1. Don't start by
building a Jet Walk before you can run.
Have any question or tips Email me at
Check out the complete Superslo28 build thread
rcgroups full of over 30 full color how to photos and more.